tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

This could be a thread

JoeEcho

This could be a thread

Post  JoeEcho on Mon Jun 26, 2017 2:40 am

This could be a one post thread or something else entirely.

Do you ever get interesting thoughts about life seeming out of the blue but they really don't have any specific thread they could be placed in at the moment?

Maybe it's just the one piece of their personal puzzle the person reading needs to have everything fall into place.

Maybe this is the place for random puzzle pieces to hundreds of different puzzles, each piece a piece to someone else's personal puzzle.

Here is a piece. Not the answer, just some random piece of puzzle:

A Vision of the Journey

The most difficult part of any journey is the last step. It's the most difficult because it represents the sum total of all the steps that came before. I'd like to think that when I take that last step that it will be done without hesitation. Without regret. To regret nothing including the final result.  

I am beginning to think that every path worth taking ends with a leap of faith eventually.

Inspired by A Nightmare on Elms Street wrote:"If you die in your dreams, do you die for real"?

Experience is like standing on the precipice of Hell and imagining what it would be like to fall. As it turns out, that imagination is pretty intense. A common expression from the intensity is, "What the Hell?" or "What the Hell."

What the hell, I can fly!

Pris

Re: This could be a thread

Post  Pris on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:21 pm

What the hell!

mudra

Post  mudra Yesterday at 2:09 pm

Don Juan and don Genaro stepped back and seemed to merge with the darkness. Pablito held my forearm and we said good-by to each other. Then a strange urge, a force, made me run with him to the northern edge of the mesa. I felt his arm holding me as we jumped and then I was alone. ~ Carlos Castaneda, Tales of Power

Jumping into the Abyss

https://femalewarrior.net/2015/08/25/jumping-into-the-abyss/

Love Always
    mudra
    Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 7:43 pm

mudra wrote:Don Juan and don Genaro stepped back and seemed to merge with the darkness. Pablito held my forearm and we said good-by to each other. Then a strange urge, a force, made me run with him to the northern edge of the mesa. I felt his arm holding me as we jumped and then I was alone. ~ Carlos Castaneda, Tales of Power

Jumping into the Abyss

https://femalewarrior.net/2015/08/25/jumping-into-the-abyss/

Love Always
    mudra

From the above article:
    Jumping into the abyss is certainly not Castaneda specific. It has been done by every spiritual belief system around the world and continues to be done through a wide range of practices including but not limited to kundalini, deep meditation, entheogens, shamanism, Native American ceremony, vision quest, OBE’s, etc.

A person who chooses to experience this type of leap into the unknown often finds themselves suspended between two worlds, the world of physical materiality where they can be an observer of what was, and an altered state of consciousness where they may witness all that can truly be. It is at this crucial moment when they become aware that they are bridging time and space, and can recognize the totality of illusion for what it is.

At some point and maybe even at multiple points during your life you may become ready and prepared to jump into the abyss. This is an act of courage, strength, will, commitment and bravery. But please, whatever you do, don’t jump blindly off of a cliff, even if don Juan tells you to! He was, after all, a trickster.

Will that which you perceive as 'good' triumph over that which you perceive as 'evil'?

Why the struggle with one's self?

Awareness of the players -- awareness that they are different aspects of the same psyche in the same mind.

You are the playwright.

Last edited by Pris on Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Yesterday at 10:57 pm

The abyss, one of those words that is difficult to impossible to define.

There are a number of 'things' I feel are near to impossible to define but like a jocolor , I try.

If one was to describe that difficult something by using the Universe as a type of abyss, seemingly infinite in scope, I would then describe The Abyss as superior to that definition to the point that there is no comparison.

Now, someone may move the words around in that last sentence to suit their own personal puzzle but I feel the essence of the message has merit.

It's like living on the Plains your whole life with a hill outside town that is the highest 'mountain' in all the known land. At the end of your life you're taken to the base of Mt. Everest and your whole paradigm of what a mountain is changes in an instant. There is no comparison to what you knew a mountain to be and what it ACTUALLY is.

A couple future taking points I can see would expound on the subject are.

1) Partial lyrics to Mad World, "I find it kinda funny. I find it kinda sad. The dreams in which I'm dying. Are the best I've ever had."

2) Black Mirrors

3) High-place Phenomenon. (described on a web site as: "There you are, driving across a bridge spanning a deep ravine, when suddenly you sense an urge to drive off it. Yet you’ve no desire to kill yourself.")

4) Quantity vs. Quality

=====================================================

I like where this thread is going. Just random stuff about life that catches someone attention/ curiosity as a muse to share with others that read the thread.
    Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 11:55 pm

JoeEcho wrote:The abyss, one of those words that is difficult to impossible to define.

Maybe these images can help stir up feelings, emotions...

Pris

Post  Pris Today at 12:04 am

Facing your personal 'abyss'...

Luke:  What's in there?
    Yoda:  Only what you take with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wTXV59f6m0g
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Today at 5:05 am

JoeEcho wrote:

A couple future taking points I can see would expound on the subject are.

2) Black Mirrors

Mobile phones and flat screen teles

Your own personal scrying mirrors, don't leave home without yours Hypnotize

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am