tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Poll

Do you think there ought to be a size limit for the signature?

[ 2 ]
    50% [50%] 
    [ 2 ]
    50% [50%] 

Total Votes: 4
    Pris

Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:51 pm

As a  member of this forum, I have found that large signatures become very tedious
    when you have to scroll over them repeatedly...

..................over and over...

.....................................and over again...

It's kind of like being subjected to water torture.

Please, share your thoughts. Very Happy
    Pris

Re: Size of a forum member's signature including attachments

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:30 pm

Whistle

Pris

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:32 pm

Pris

Post  Pris on Sun Jun 25, 2017 5:35 pm

So true!  They STILL haven't figured it out.
    Pris

Post  Pris on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:02 pm

Okay.

You think this is a laughing matter?  You guys asked for it.

I shall now be LONGCAT.  Let's just see how loooooooong you all can stand it.

Pris

Post  Pris on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:27 pm

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho on Mon Jun 26, 2017 6:40 pm

I enjoy visuals but when seeing a huge picture over and over again (due to it being a signature) in the same thread get ridiculous. I just scroll right by those posts as fast as I can.

We could all add a long oversized picture to our signature to illustrate the point. The more heavily posted threads will be literally a mile long in no time.

Another idea would be to have a option in preferences to turn off signatures.

I am sure some yahoo does it to do be annoying just because they can.

I wonder if this kind of behavior is where calling someone a 'drip' come from.
    mudra

Post  mudra Yesterday at 5:25 am

If you think this is torture you haven't lived anything yet Wink

I like signatures in general .I noticed they tend to change.
    At times short and simple, at times longer and colorful.
    They offer variety and a way to see people's considerations change and evolve.

A few personnal considerations regarding posts though:

I noticed I have I have less attraction for posts where there are few images
    and little or no text.
    Lengthy worded posts on the other hand tend to throw me off after a while unless clear and understandable
    and my interest is high for the subject being covered.
    Humor is fine. But by now I have seen so many cats in our gardens that I think I 'll go and look for the ladybirds and lilies for a while.

Love from me
    mudra

Love from me
    mudra
    JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Yesterday at 2:30 pm

As I immerse in the sea,

As you are
    As you were
    As you will be

Wave after wave of dazzling diamonds upon the surface.

Do you see the kitten in this post?
    No?
    It's definitely here.
    Persistent perception, gets us EVERY time!

mudra

Post  mudra Yesterday at 2:52 pm

No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 5:25 pm

JoeEcho wrote:I enjoy visuals but when seeing a huge picture over and over again (due to it being a signature) in the same thread get ridiculous. I just scroll right by those posts as fast as I can.

We could all add a long oversized picture to our signature to illustrate the point. The more heavily posted threads will be literally a mile long in no time.

Another idea would be to have a option in preferences to turn off signatures.

I am sure some yahoo does it to do be annoying just because they can.

I wonder if this kind of behavior is where calling someone a 'drip' come from.

Uh-huh. Thubs Up

This may not seem like a 'big deal' to everyone, but I've found it a 'turn-off' myself.  It's that irritating niggly little thing that's always there and I felt something ought to be said about it in a more public manner.

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 5:35 pm

mudra wrote:If you think this is torture you haven't lived anything yet  Wink

At times short and simple, at times  longer and colorful.  
    They offer  variety and a way to see people's considerations change and evolve.

and little or no text.
    Lengthy worded posts on the other hand tend to throw me off after a while unless clear and understandable
    Humor is fine. But by now I have seen so many cats in our gardens that I think I 'll go and look for the ladybirds and lilies for a while.

Love from me
    mudra

I'm glad you're sharing your thoughts here, mudra!  I wish more people would. I love you

Hey, we all are kind of 'quirky' in our own ways.  Hurray, how wonderful.  This is about being as inclusive as possible.

I'm amazed I've not been booted out of this forum yet.  Carol... wow, she's got some patience.

I've been booted out of one forum and let myself out the door in a few others because they weren't quite so.... inclusive as this forum.

Being able to state what one thinks and feels without being lynched by the mob is something I truly appreciate.

Okay, this signature thing may seem like a somewhat silly problem to bring up, but I'm all for bringing up everything and anything.  So, here it is. Very Happy

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Yesterday at 5:42 pm

mudra wrote:No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra

But of course, now I see what you see.

Any perception beyond perception is (another) perception no matter how grand that perception may be. As an example, No matter how infinitesimal or infinite the perception beyond, the sea is what is seen.

Two seerers see each other, which one is the perceived and which one is the perciever? Oh how art thy, perception.

Removal from the bubble makes for a larger bubble bath. A god for every bubble and a bubble for every god.

Everyone's signature should be that of a bubble, needle I say more? drunken Whistle

JoeEcho

Post  JoeEcho Yesterday at 5:53 pm

Pris wrote:
    I'm amazed I've not been booted out of this forum yet.  Carol... wow, she's got some patience.

I've been booted out of one forum and let myself out the door in a few others because they weren't quite so.... inclusive as this forum.

I have boots. I am not afraid to use.

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 5:55 pm

Here's a few more of my own thoughts on the subject.  The Floyd

Personally, I like having my little 'catch phrase' (related to 'Pris', Blade Runner... all that).  I've had the exact same avatar picture and the exact same signature since I first started doing the... forum circuit.  I'm NOT going to change my avatar pic as I've established that to be 'me' right from Day One (I don't want to confuse people by changing anything).  However, to make a point here, I've decided to change my signature.  This is meant to be temporary...  I've complained in the past and nothing happens.  Maybe if I have a large signature, too, people will see that this is really an annoying problem.  

Look, we all know who we're talking about here.  It's a SMALL forum.

Just because somebody's done something the same way for years doesn't mean it's okay.  We're all just supposed to 'get used to it'?  I've noticed everyone else, out of decency perhaps (to compensate perhaps), refraining from making a huge signature.

There's like a kind of unsaid, informal forum etiquette we all generally follow.  That restraint doesn't 'cramp my style'.  I've found many other ways to be 'original' around here.

Meanwhile, it's like we're all tip-toeing around the forum's one 'special needs person' because it's our responsibility to be nice.

When somebody makes thousands of posts, their signature (that's never changed since I've been here btw) gets to be a real pain in the arse to crawl over.

I realize that my posts aren't exactly 'light' at times with all the pictures and videos I post, but even my slow browser can handle it.

All annoyance aside, when somebody uses multiple video links plus pictures plus large blocks of text in a single post, over and over, repeated on the same page even, coupled with an extra large picture that gets repeatedly tacked on at the end, it really does slow my browser down.  Multiple videos are the worst.

To my delight and surprise, I recently noticed I've been quoted in a certain someone's thread post... and the post was looking really interesting, very insightful... but I couldn't even respond.  The page was so heavy my browser froze up and I had to kill it.

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 6:21 pm

JoeEcho wrote:
    Pris wrote:

I have boots. I am not afraid to use.

Maybe the better word to use here is 'tolerance'.  Carol has a great amount of tolerance.

HAHA!  Nawww, I've nothing to be ashamed about.  I wear my single ban with honour...  

I don't usually stay long enough in any one place to get banned.  I (loosely) planned the situation that I knew would result in my ban.
    Since I was going to leave anyway, I decided to make a... statement.

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 7:08 pm

mudra wrote:If you think this is torture you haven't lived anything yet  Wink

At times short and simple, at times  longer and colorful.  
    They offer  variety and a way to see people's considerations change and evolve.

and little or no text.

Love from me
    mudra

A couple more of my own thoughts on this...

You've noticed signatures tend to change?  I've rarely noticed that.

I like to think of signatures as a kind of business card.  Since you're going to print off a thousand of them, you'd better make sure they spelled your name right.

So, now... what do you think of my new signature, mudra?  Is it 'neat' to see how I've 'evolved'?  jocolor

Yes, I can see how you have a certain limit towards a certain humour of the furry kind.  Kittehs aren't for everyone all the time.  As you say, blocks of text with nothing interesting about them other than the fact that they are blocks of text isn't for everyone either.

When I came to The Mists, I wanted to start up a new Kitteh Thread (put all my cats in there)... but since I was being trolled, I didn't want trolls in there ruining it.  Instead, I just started using my kittehs wherever.  Of course, it's not just lolcats.  But, cats are fun and most people like them (I know because in other forums most people enjoyed them [could tell by the 'likes']).  Injecting a little humour into, otherwise, dry, serious forums/threads is always refreshing (for most people, anyway).

Carol started up a 'Pris' thread for me not too long ago... very kind.  Perhaps it was her sneaky way of trying to get me to keep my cats in one place?  Insanely Happy

Anyway, that 'left-brain right-brain' test you took made it quite clear that you like to take a 'middle ground' on things, mudra.

It's a no-brainer I'm a total right-brainer. Very Happy

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 7:09 pm

Pris

Post  Pris Yesterday at 11:31 pm

mudra wrote:
    JoeEcho wrote:As I immerse in the sea,

As you are
    As you were
    As you will be

Wave after wave of dazzling diamonds upon the surface.

Do you see the kitten in this post?
    No?
    It's definitely here.
    Persistent perception, gets us EVERY time!

No joeEcho but i see the ladybird above it and the water lilies beneath it in the kitten's dream.

Love from me
    mudra

Sweet dream, mudra...

Pris

Post  Pris Today at 12:46 am

Signature? Where we're going, we don't need Signatures.

Joe, your signature seems a little bare without something like... this.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:04 am