tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

If There Was No 'Government'

Pris

Post  Pris on Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:49 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UoKT4dpgLBA

For those who ask how problems will be handled, if there was no "government."
    orthodoxymoron

Re: If There Was No 'Government'

Post  orthodoxymoron on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:52 pm

Pris, this guy makes a lot of sense. I've contemplated a hypothetical United States of the Solar System being implemented around A.D. 2133, mostly as a mental and spiritual exercise. Ideally we could just do what this man says, and skip the formalities. The trouble is, there are always individuals or groups who wish to take over, and rule the roost!! This gentleman repeatedly uses the terms "Responsibility" and "Freedom". The Road to Utopia is Paved with Responsibility and Freedom. I've suggested that between now and A.D. 2133, there might be an intense period of examination and judgment (but hopefully with no Fire and Brimstone). Perhaps something similar to a minimalist United States of the Solar System might serve as an intermediate step towards that which is discussed in this video. Hope Springs Eternal. What Would Noodles Do??

mudra

Post  mudra on Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:43 pm

That's the whole point handing over our response ability to some exterior entity is depriving ourselves from the thinking process necessary to assess the situation at hand and find the best way to tackle with it. External governance as found in our nowadays society is constantly bypassing us and ripping our own power away. It's a mirror image of how lazy we have become to pull ourselves out of the state of complete ignorance of who we are and the uncovering of the abondant treasure we carry within. There is a need for governance, purpose and direction in life but it has to spring from within, from the Heart.

Love from me
    mudra
    Pris

Post  Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:36 am

orthodoxymoron wrote:Pris, this guy makes a lot of sense. I've contemplated a hypothetical United States of the Solar System being implemented around A.D. 2133, mostly as a mental and spiritual exercise. Ideally we could just do what this man says, and skip the formalities. The trouble is, there are always individuals or groups who wish to take over, and rule the roost!! This gentleman repeatedly uses the terms "Responsibility" and "Freedom". The Road to Utopia is Paved with Responsibility and Freedom. I've suggested that between now and A.D. 2133, there might be an intense period of examination and judgment (but hopefully with no Fire and Brimstone). Perhaps something similar to a minimalist United States of the Solar System might serve as an intermediate step towards that which is discussed in this video. Hope Springs Eternal. What Would Noodles Do??

Yes, hope springs eternal, Oxy. Very Happy  Gee, this is one of the most positive posts you've ever made IMHO.  Well done!  And, thanks for the Larken video (excellent talk) and a very energetic song for the occasion (satire?... To be clear, I'm NOT one to go off and torch cars and stuff lol)! Toast

I'm glad you found something inspiring in Larken's message.

Almost afraid to ask but... who is Noodles?  alien

Pris

Post  Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:20 am

mudra wrote:That's the whole point handing over our response ability to some exterior entity is depriving ourselves from the thinking process necessary to assess the situation at hand and find the best way to tackle with it. External governance as found in our nowadays society is constantly bypassing us and ripping our own power away. It's a mirror image of how lazy we have become to pull ourselves out of the state of complete ignorance of who we are and the uncovering of the abondant treasure we carry within. There is a need for governance, purpose and direction in life but it has to spring from within, from the Heart.

Love from me
    mudra

I really like how you pulled that word apart -- RESPONSE-ABILITY -- our ability to respond.  I missed that one!  Words are so... tricky and obvious at the same time.  I've basically had to un-learn half the English language and learn the real meaning of words (an ongoing process).  It's so sneaky how truth is hidden in plain sight.  They hoped to keep us all blind by teaching us NOT to see.  In my case, my curiosity and questioning nature couldn't be subdued.  And, I've always had a problem with 'authority', so one thing led to another. cheers  

Collectively, we've allowed ourselves to be treated as children.  It's time to 'grow up' and become adults.

Statist:

Anarchist:
    The more responsible I get,
    the more powerful I become.

Last edited by Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:15 am; edited 1 time in total
    Pris

Post  Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:32 am

How To Talk To Statists
    - Larken Rose on The Corbett Report

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EenUtWQeOhc

Ever wondered how to get your friends to understand that government is inherently immoral? That no group of people can grant any government rights that they don't have themselves? That taxation is theft? Well, wonder no more! Larken Rose is touring a two-day workshop teaching voluntaryists how to most effectively convey the fundamentals of human freedom to their statist friends and neighbours. Today we talk to Larken about the seminar, what it teaches, and how people can attend.
    Pris

Post  Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 7:50 am

Minarchism: Great Start, Horrible Finish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ktvHvW-GrvY

This is for all those who complain about how I constantly bash minarchism, the Constitution, and other "limited government" myths. Don't worry; I'm almost nice this time.
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sat Apr 22, 2017 1:19 pm

"This is Noodles!!!"

Pris, I've been to a couple of The Offspring concerts (a long time ago)!! I stayed away from the "mosh-pit"!! Too much "blue-smoke" and "crowd-surfing"!! The Offspring is an old Punk-Rock group from Orange County!! "Noodles" is sort of the "Elder-Statesman" of the group. Noodles, the guitarist for The Offspring, was the janitor for the school the band went to. He was allowed into the band because he was old enough to buy the band alcohol. My parents sold a building to Seals and Crofts (to be used for rehearsing) but they didn't let me join the group!! BTW, that's Noodles standing next to Homer Simpson!!
    Pris

Post  Pris on Sat Apr 22, 2017 8:07 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:Pris, I've been to a couple of The Offspring concerts (a long time ago)!! I stayed away from the "mosh-pit"!! Too much "blue-smoke" and "crowd-surfing"!! The Offspring is an old Punk-Rock group from Orange County!! "Noodles" is sort of the "Elder-Statesman" of the group. Noodles, the guitarist for The Offspring, was the janitor for the school the band went to. He was allowed into the band because he was old enough to buy the band alcohol. My parents sold a building to Seals and Crofts (to be used for rehearsing) but they didn't let me join the group!! BTW, that's Noodles standing next to Homer Simpson!!

Okay! Very Happy  I had no idea so thanks for clarifying, Oxy.  That's hilarious about the alcohol thing and cool that you have something of a connection to all of this!  

I've not been much into the punk rock scene but it always fascinated me growing up.  I enjoyed music from The Sex Pistols and The Stranglers because my sister was into that stuff and she gave me those albums.  I used to practice Anarchy In The UK on my accordion. Laugh

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:20 pm

Thank-you Pris. I once attended a Myron Floren accordion performance, and tried to get credit for my college Music-Appreciation class, but my Doctor of Music teacher didn't consider a Lawrence Welk accordionist to be a real-musician playing real-music!! Can't we all just get along?? I am MUCH More Restrained than Alex Jones and Larken Rose, but I enjoy listening to these types of people (but not all the time). I enjoy listening to The Offspring and Myron Floren (but not all the time). BTW, I love that title "Anarchy in the UK"!! What Would MI5, MI6, and OO7 Say and Do?? It's a Secret!! One more thing. A genuine-insider told me that Lawrence Welk was a jerk!! What Would The Lennon Sisters Sing??

Pris

Post  Pris on Thu Apr 27, 2017 8:32 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:Thank-you Pris. I once attended a Myron Floren accordion performance, and tried to get credit for my college Music-Appreciation class, but my Doctor of Music teacher didn't consider a Lawrence Welk accordionist to be a real-musician playing real-music!! Can't we all just get along?? I am MUCH More Restrained than Alex Jones and Larken Rose, but I enjoy listening to these types of people (but not all the time). I enjoy listening to The Offspring and Myron Floren (but not all the time). BTW, I love that title "Anarchy in the UK"!! What Would MI5, MI6, and OO7 Say and Do?? It's a Secret!! One more thing. A genuine-insider told me that Lawrence Welk was a jerk!! What Would The Lennon Sisters Sing??

Huh... your music teacher didn't consider a Lawrence Welk accordionist to be a real musician playing real music...  That's a rather anal personal opinion, isn't it lol!  What one considers to be 'music' is rather subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but that bias should NOT have been foisted upon you to affect your grade, Oxy.  

Accordions are obviously pretty cool musical instruments.  And, you've got to be pretty cool to play one (my accordion was a 120 bass just like what Dizzy Fingers was playing... WOW, he's good!). Cool Very Happy

It wouldn't surprise me if Lawrence Welk was a jerk... though being someone's opinion (genuine insider or not), who knows what that means.

I can appreciate most things in small doses, too.

Pris

Post  Pris on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:08 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:

Awesome.

Larken's video... can't help but see parallels to address the ridiculousness of the following video:

CIA Director Mike Pompeo took time out of his speech to rip Julian Assange and Wikileaks, who according to Pompeo is "click bait" and nothing more than a "hostile Intelligence Service".

And, here's a great reaction:

Josh Sigurdson reports on the recent public criticism of Julian Assange by CIA Director Mike Pompeo and Assange's response.
    Trump's new CIA Director claimed that Julian Assange and Edward Snowden were basically public enemy number one and that they were frauds and state actors for Russia who don't care about civil liberties.
    Pris

Post  Pris on Thu Apr 27, 2017 9:52 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:

Another awesome video.

Here's some words from Larken I felt quoting:

The Cult of Statism
    ...authoritarianism IS the problem.  The problem is not and has never been 'who's on the throne'.  The Problem is, and has always been and will always be -- until people wake up -- that there is a throne there to be on.

As long as the argument is 'what government should do', 'who should run it', 'what form it should take', you're just tinkering with the details and completely ignoring the heart of the problem which is the belief in government and authoritarianism.

This is the only issue that matters:  Do you own yourself or are you the property of a ruling class?

I don't care if it's a limited ruling class.  I don't care if it's a democratic ruling class.  I don't care if it's a republican ruling class.  I don't care if it's a constitutional ruling class.  If there's some beast that has the right to take your money and boss you around, it owns you.  You're not free, you don't own yourself.  And, if you actually believe that, why do you ever imagine you'll achieve freedom?  You're not even free inside your own head.

And, so when people say, "Well, these little differences..."  This is not a 'little difference'.  Either you think there can be someone with the right to rule you, or you understand that there can be no such thing or you understand the concepts of self-ownership and the non-aggression principle and what those logically lead to... which is legitimate government is a logical impossibility.  It cannot exist.  Not just 'it's really hard to maintain' -- it's theoretically and conceptually insane to think there can be a moral and righteous gang of thugs and thieves who bosses people around, takes their money.  It just doesn't work philosophically or morally or logically.

Just to add here, as you may know, I'm also opposed to (the use of, implementation of) money, barter, and trade... but that's another topic (more or less). Wink
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Thu Apr 27, 2017 11:20 pm

What if the Solar System were One Big Business with One Big CEO, with No Church and No State?? Everyone Would Be An Employee!! I'm oversimplifying the concept, but I think there is something significant to extensively considering Business, Church, and State relative to the American-Dream!! This thing probably isn't just about what we want, or what might be a nice way to live. Ancient Star Wars, and Current Factional Conflicts might have a lot to do with why things are as they are!! Where one is in life probably has a lot to do with how we think things should be. People want what they want, regardless of whether it makes sense or not...
    Pris

Post  Pris on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:35 pm

orthodoxymoron wrote:What if the Solar System were One Big Business with One Big CEO, with No Church and No State?? Everyone Would Be An Employee!! I'm oversimplifying the concept, but I think there is something significant to extensively considering Business, Church, and State relative to the American-Dream!! This thing probably isn't just about what we want, or what might be a nice way to live. Ancient Star Wars, and Current Factional Conflicts might have a lot to do with why things are as they are!! Where one is in life probably has a lot to do with how we think things should be. People want what they want, regardless of whether it makes sense or not...

IF, as you say, the solar system were just one big business with one big a-hole megalomaniac CEO 'sitting at the top' who believes that he/she/it/they/whatever is 'ruling it all', then yes, that makes sense, Oxy.  Everyone would be an employee -- or rather, a slave -- according to the point-of-view of that CEO (a short-sighted, flawed vision I might add).

Controlling or attempting to control someone physically/mentally with or without their awareness is one thing.  What about the spiritual aspect?  For example, what can they do about all these 'witches' flying around on their broomsticks doing whatever the heck they want (I'm referring to astral travel, OBEs, anarchistic rogue souls... that sort of thing).

I agree -- how each of us thinks, the choices we make, how indoctrinated we allow ourselves to be, how 'awake and aware' we are... that all makes a huge impact on whether or not the system continues to have power over us as a whole regardless of some big a-hole 'sitting at the top' as it were.  

As far as the 'system' is concerned, I think I make a more troublesome 'slave' than is worth their while.  

I think each one of us is extraordinarily powerful.  Each one of us is a game-changer.  It starts and ends in your own head.

'Energy flows where attention goes...'

Hey, Oxy...  

Hand me that monkey wrench.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jun 25, 2017 12:28 pm