tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Advaita

tunnymac

Advaita

Post  tunnymac on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:02 pm

MOTHER

Once upon a time on a beautiful summer day I was lying on my back upon a grassy knoll in an ancient burial ground close to where I live, I was gazing up into the blueness of the sky when directly overhead a thin wispy cloud appeared, it stayed motionless for a short while and then it slowly dissipated into nothing leaving not a trace behind,

.   .   .   I was immediately reminded of a few lines of text from The Buddhist Diamond Sutra.  

“Thus you should see all things in this fleeting world,
    as a star at dawn,
    a bubble in a stream,
    a flash of lightning
    in a summer cloud,
    a flickering lamp
    or a phantom and a dream.”

So, with the Buddha’s incomparable words and without further ado I will begin to relate my tale.

Having the barest minimum of knowledge regarding The Law of Karma and Re-Incarnation somehow I reached the conclusion that for countless lifetimes I had been travelling upon a journey in search of something with not the slightest perception of what it actually was that I was searching for, I was deeply aware of a longing and a yearning which was relevant to this search, as well as a feeling that there was something very important that I should know but not knowing what it was. However, I was aware that this something was very special indeed, it was more valuable than fame and good fortune, its price was far beyond the price of diamonds, rubies, emeralds, pearls, gold and silver.

In the pursuance of my search I had moved through vast eons of linear time-frames, through long dead religious and philosophical systems of thought, I had spent vast amounts of time in contemplative and meditational practices but ‘It’ always avoided me, I was unable to find ‘It’ anywhere, I was somehow convinced that if or when I found ‘It’ I would know for a certainty that it was that which I had long been searching for. Very often I came close, in an intimacy so close that I cried aloud into the resounding and echoing air, “Eureka, I have found it,” but it always slipped through my grasping fingers, always eluding me, always escaping my searching and enquiring mind, so I continued on my weary-some journey, unaccompanied  by either man nor beast.

In the course of time I became so utterly sorrowful and sad that I began weeping a great deal as though mourning the loss of a dear one close to my heart, I felt so very lonely as though I had been abandoned and utterly forsaken, there was an deep ache inside my breast which no matter whatever or whichever strategy I employed or resorted to would not go away, the ache was deep inside me expressing itself in bouts of sobbing and uncontrollable grieving for that something which I could not, no matter how I tried translate into words. Many, many times I lapsed into floods of tears for reasons which were completely unclear to me, the tears would well up behind my eyes and spill out over the edges of my lower eyelids at unexpected moments, times when they would take me completely unawares and which I had no control over whatsoever,  I found it necessary to withdraw from the presence of company until the tears ceased to flow, I also experienced long periods of anguish for that elusive something which later proved to be the source of my distress, the mind would tell me that I would never find it because it did not exist, but the heart knew different, the heart knew that it was an incomparable treasure that was there waiting to be found.

And then wonder of wonders ‘It’ appeared to my inner vision

Finally the body that never was was discarded, the lie is cast off and away, the lotus flower bursts open showing  it's petals widespread, and they, the petals fall away, revealing an incomparable Jewel, (Om Mane Padme Hum), the oyster's lips split open and drifted apart, the rough shell crumbles and falls away to reveal it's hidden treasure, the Pure White Pearl of the greatest price, all the veils are either lifted or dropped, all the limits, horizons and boundaries are breached, the sea and the sky become one, the mirror cracks and falls in pieces, all dualities are merged into one, I return into the Source from which I came, the Eternal, Immeasurable, Inconceivable, the Immutable Great Womb of all life.

I had found what I was looking for deep inside my own heart, it was exactly that which I had always been, that which I am and that which I will forever be.

tat tvam asi

tunnymac

Last edited by tunnymac on Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
    Carol
    Admin
    Admin

Re: Advaita

Post  Carol on Fri Jan 15, 2016 11:07 pm

Beautifully expressed and so heartfelt. Thank you so much for sharing a precious part of your inner spiritual journey with us. Welcome to the Mists.

Hadriel

With deepest respect ~ Aloha & Mahalo, Carol
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 am

tunnymac wrote:

I had found what I was looking for deep inside my own heart, it was exactly that which I had always been, that which I am and that which I will forever be.

tat tvam asi

tunnymac

Always Here by Kirtana

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYkRPBcOHOY

Thank You for being You tunnimac.
    Warm welcome in the Mists.

Enlightened

Love from me
    mudra
    Sanicle

Post  Sanicle on Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:46 am

Yes, that was beautifully written. Welcome to the Mists from me too tunnymac. I love you

tunnymac

Post  tunnymac on Sat Jan 16, 2016 1:44 pm

Thank you beautiful people.

Namaste. flower

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:37 am