tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

FLAT GLOBE

Vidya Moksha

Re: FLAT GLOBE

Post  Vidya Moksha on Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:35 am

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:i have had the queerest notion that we are not spinning for most of my life.. still with me Wink
    You know, if someone were so inclined (I'm not), he or she could ridicule you for having such a "ridiculous" notion.

I have a big problem with ridicule in public discourse.

I think it is more than counter-productive.

All it does is make people dig in their heels and keep on keeping on fighting with each other.

What's the point?

I quite agree that it is difficult to have 'alternate views' in this day and age, especially against scientific dogma.

Back to this case in point.. The trouble is that is it easy to prove that the earth isnt flat. Yet still they persist in their flat earth cult. I have tried to show a few folk how the earth is round and they wont have it, it is fixed dogma. This is pretty ridiculous, its ok to have an alternate view, make a case and explain it. I looked into flat earth with an open mind, but it is easily dismissed. If the flat-earthers stopped here, admitted their lack of awareness and simple maths, then no problem... but they dont.. even against proof they are wrong.. so what word do you use?

It isnt so simple to prove the earth spins, i do know of the Foucault pendulum experiments but I have doubt. It is reasonable doubt, and I have stated that I dont believe the earth is stationary, but spins... is this the same as the flat-earth claims? I wouldnt have thought so.

I have no more energy for flat-earth, I have dismissed the notion in my mind now.
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Sun Aug 06, 2017 11:20 am

I did a job for an RAF pilot (flies C130's) and asked him if he had heard of the flat Earth theory.
    He has and has been looking into it. He is open minded to the idea Mellow
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Sun Aug 06, 2017 2:57 pm

Swanny wrote:I did a job for an RAF pilot (flies C130's) and asked him if he had heard of the flat Earth theory.
    He has and has been looking into it. He is open minded to the idea Mellow
    Please keep us posted on that.

I did a search to find where it was that Andy Basiago talked about flat earth and came up with only one source, which was an interview of him by Lisa M. Harrison which was posted on YouTube in May of 2015.

It is a long video that is hard to listen to because there was delay in the audio and they talked over each other, but it was worth the  frustration of that for me because I was not very familiar with his story or him and I took notes for future research.

Instinctively I do feel that there is something within the flat earth theories that will eventually modify science.  I say theories, plural, because there is more than one concept out there.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:57 am

Seashore wrote:I did a search to find where it was that Andy Basiago talked about flat earth and came up with only one source, which was an interview of him by Lisa M. Harrison which was posted on YouTube in May of 2015.

The following is not a flat earth interview, but it is a high quality interview of Andy Basiago, along with another person associated with the Mars jump room, Bernard Mendez:

Published on Aug 7, 2012

NOTE; THIS IS A REUPLOAD OF THE INTERVIEW WITH A CORRECTION TO A TYPO IN THE TEXT.
    Andrew Basiago and Bernard Mendez discuss their involvement in the Mars Jump Room program during the early 80's along with Brett Stillings.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGaTY8nmlg8
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra on Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:49 am

Considering that the sun travels from left to right north of the equator and from right to left south of the equator... i like to hear the flat earthers explanation for this.

Don't bother as original flat earthers are obviously gov trolls with nothing better to do than getting gov pay to confuse and obfuscate truths.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:28 pm

I can see why Andrew Basiago could have an open mind about flat earth, considering what he has experienced in life.

Here is another video:

Published on Jul 23, 2014

Time travel and Mars cover-ups, Andrew has been identified as a "planetary-level whistle blower". http://freemantv.com/ The story of his experiences with Barack Obama and other US chrononauts in the US secret space program in the early 1980's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqMt3jT8T6k
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:35 pm

Seashore wrote:I can see why Andrew Basiago could have an open mind about flat earth, considering what he has experienced in life.

Okay.... ??

I am seriously confused now.

Why on earth would anyone still be looking at flat earth as a possibility except for the first time they encounter the notion?

It is not my belief that the earth is NOT flat, it is undisputed, provable fact.. no messing, 100% nailed on. The earth is NOT FLAT.. there are multiple proofs of this....

(ok, if you want to be pedantic than the 'proofs' are still 'man-made' observations, as mankind didnt create the earth, but with all we know, applying our maths and observations, then the earth is definitely not flat.)

The only reason to look further is to explore the obvious psy-op. Anyone supporting flat earth can be taken off the 'to be trusted' listed...

seriously folk?.. flat-earth? forget it. its silly. except its probably more sinister than silly.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:12 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:Why on earth would anyone still be looking at flat earth as a possibility except for the first time they encounter the notion?
    You haven't watched any of the Basiago videos, correct?

Last edited by Seashore on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarify)
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:55 pm

Seashore wrote:
    Vidya Moksha wrote:Why on earth would anyone still be looking at flat earth as a possibility except for the first time they encounter the notion?
    You haven't watched any of the Basiago videos, correct?

correct, i dont have the capability to watch videos online at the moment.

nothing anyone says can change the fact the earth is NOT flat. Nothing. By anyone.
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra on Tue Aug 08, 2017 4:53 am

In the northern hemisphere the sun rises in the east and at noon is in the south (equator side) and sets in the west.

In the southern hemisphere the sun rises in the east and at noon is in the north (equator side) and sets in the west.

This proves that the earth is a globe.
    mudra

Post  mudra on Wed Aug 09, 2017 12:07 pm

Interesting

How Much of the Earth Can You See at Once?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxhxL1LzKww

Love Always
    mudra
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:58 am

I have recently subscribed to Mel Fabregas' Veritas Radio, and I've been enjoying his manner of interviewing people and the quality of his interviews due to the obvious time spent in learning the interviewee's subject matter.

Mel Fabregas is not intimidated by the ridicule of the mainstream regarding flat earth.

I like his inquiring mind.

This interview was posted on YouTube Sep 24, 2015:

This one on Jul 18, 2016:

Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Fri Aug 11, 2017 7:23 am

Seashore wrote:

Mel Fabregas is not intimidated by the ridicule of the mainstream regarding flat earth.

I like his inquiring mind.

Jawdrop

i am speechless. genuinely.

I am sat at my computer shaking my head in sheer disbelief at this point.

what part of ' the Earth is not flat, but it is definitely a globe', dont you understand? This is beyond the opinions of inquiring minds. its a provable fact. Beyond any doubt. ........

I am done in here.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:20 am

Vidya Moksha wrote:
    I am done in here.
    Good.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 9:00 am

In my opinion, anyone who cannot watch a video should not even be posting on this thread.

What is the point in posting about something you know nothing about?

One cannot discuss the topic at hand, which is a challenge to the official story on the shape of what we all call "earth," without the ability to listen to the people who are making that challenge.
    Vidya Moksha

Post  Vidya Moksha on Fri Aug 11, 2017 1:53 pm

Seashore wrote:In my opinion, anyone who cannot watch a video should not even be posting on this thread.

is that humour, or am i really entering the twilight zone?

Many of the interesting 'problems' that I guess are being discussed in the videos you posted are due to the inadequacies of Newtonian physics, which dont really describe the universe too well. I can see the problem now, if newton had only watched you-tube, we wouldnt be in this mess. An Da Vinci, Aristotle and the rest, phhh, who can trust anything before google told us all how to think?

Seashore wrote:
    What is the point in posting about something you know nothing about?

is that a rhetorical question? in which case, you tell me. I dunno either.
    Seashore wrote:
    One cannot discuss the topic at hand, which is a challenge to the official story on the shape of what we all call "earth," without the ability to listen to the people who are making that challenge.

ok.. the mists is a friendly place for the most part. So, in the interest of possibly helping a few folk, i will make one last post. Not because I need to be 'right', but because this whole issue is making a jackass out of folk, and perhaps I can help a little? who knows?

Not that I need to qualify, despite your suggestion to the contrary, I have over 3GB of flat earth material on my hard drive, many videos, many books. I saw most of Dubay's early work and got involved here in the mists (see above somewhere..) and elsewhere. I was curious to see if flat earth was true. I know their models. I know they are wrong. I read the book '100 proofs the earth is flat' (and others) and it is comedy in part. Interesting curiosities in others.

It is really, really easy to prove, unequivocally, without doubt, that the earth is a globe and not flat. I can think of 5 such proofs, though 1 would  be enough.

The FACT, indisputable fact, observed by myself (to confirm) is that the moon is upside down in the southern hemisphere, compared to the north. This is an indisputable fact. No flat earth model could have this happen, and yet it is a fact of life, of our planet. It proves a globe.

Do you understand that that fact alone means that flat earth cant be true?

If you accept that fact, than save your other questions about our poor models of the  universe and nasa fakes for other threads. If you cannot see that indisputable fact, then Huston, we have a problem.

I posted a video a few post back, the guy who made that video has (had?) a lot of videos explaining a lot of the flat earth questions, i recommend you watch all his videos, to put the maths and common errors in perspective. The video i posted above provides a SECOND UNEQUIVOCAL PROOF that the earth is a globe.

There are more such proofs. You cannot deny them. No one can. QED the earth cannot be flat. end of story.  It cannot be both flat and a globe at the same time. This is not opinion but fact,. I dont need to watch you tube videos to know this fact. I can know the earth is not flat and I can point to the proof of this. i can do no more.

There may be interesting questions challenging our view of the universe, but the earth will never ever be flat. And its so easy to prove it.....
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Vidya Moksha wrote:Not because I need to be 'right', but because this whole issue is making a jackass out of folk, and perhaps I can help a little?
    Spare us this last.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:25 pm

Seashore wrote:This one on Jul 18, 2016:

At the end of that one, Mel Fabregas asks a very good question.

He references a 2015 Daily Mail news story about a China Airlines Bali to Los Angeles flight that made an emergency landing in Anchorage, Alaska due to a pre-mature birth of a baby during the flight. He points out that it makes no sense whatsoever that the plane would land in Anchorage, as it's not near that flight-path, but it is on a flat earth map.

I did a search and found this story:  Published: 14:27 EDT, 21 October 2015 | Updated: 18:41 EDT, 21 October 2015

Last edited by Seashore on Fri Aug 11, 2017 6:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Remove a space)
    Seashore

A Non-Heliocentric but Not Flat-Earth Theory

Post  Seashore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:06 am

In his book Eric Dubay quotes Neville T. Jones of Scotland.

After doing a search for that name I stumbled upon a website the Fair Education Foundation, Inc., which states "The non-moving Earth & Anti-Evolution site."

The founder of the site is apparently Marshall Hall (1931-2013), author of The Earth Is Not Moving.

Here is an interesting graphic from the home page of the site:

Fair Education Foundation, Inc.
    Seashore

Post  Seashore on Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:20 pm

Seashore wrote:

Fair Education Foundation, Inc.
    Maybe all the planets are actually floating in space, held there in all directions by the force of the aether that permeates the universe, but are much larger than the official story, with habitation being on the upper portion, giving the effect of a flat earth for all intents and purposes.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 21, 2017 1:34 am