tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~

Bible

RedEzra

Re: Bible

Post  RedEzra on Tue Dec 05, 2017 6:22 pm

"When the Sabbath came, He began to teach in the synagogue, and many who heard Him were astonished. 'Where did this man get these ideas?' they asked. 'What is this wisdom He has been given? And how can He perform such miracles? Isn’t this the carpenter, the son of Mary and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas, and Simon? Aren’t His sisters here with us as well?' And they took offense at Him. Then Jesus told them, 'A prophet is without honor only in his hometown, among his relatives, and in his own household.'" - Mark 6:2-4

There was nothing special about Jesus which would give him away as anything other than a man. Well except for his miracles maybe... and that He claimed to know God much better than the rest.
    That's why they wanted Him dead because of blasphemy...

"So the high priest stood up before them and questioned Jesus, 'Have You no answer? What is it these men are testifying against You?' But Jesus remained silent and made no reply. Again the high priest questioned Him, 'Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?' 'I am,' said Jesus, 'and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.' At this, the high priest tore his clothes and declared, 'Why do we need any more witnesses? You have heard the blasphemy. What is your verdict?' And they all condemned Him as deserving of death." - Mark 14:60-64
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Tue Dec 05, 2017 9:02 pm

Consider the following Biblical Minimal-List (read in-order, straight-through, over and over):

1. Job through Jude (NIV).

2. Prophets and Kings, and Desire of Ages (by Ellen White).

3. Volumes 3, 4, 5, and 6 of the SDA Bible Commentary (1 Chronicles to Ephesians).

Consider the following three VERY Different Approaches to the Whole-Bible. I wish I could practice what I preach. The Spirit is Willing, But the Flesh is Weak. O Wretched Man That I Am!! 

1. Genesis through Revelation in the New International Version of the Holy Bible. (One of the Most Recent and Scholarly Translations)

2. The Five Volume Conflict of the Ages Series by Ellen Gould White. (Four Bible-Studies and One Historical-Study)

3. The Seven Volume Seventh-day Adventist Bible Commentary. (The Actual Commentary Volumes)

This study consists of over Ten-Thousand Pages!! I maintain that the conclusions reached in each of the six individual-studies are VERY Different from each-other, and that the conclusions reached in an Attempted Harmony of the Entire-Group are VERY Different than the component-parts. Try reading this Maximal-List in-order, straight-through, at least a couple of times, to properly understand what I'm hinting-at. This is for the Big-Kids. The Little-Kids Should Stay Home with Their Mothers.

Last edited by orthodoxymoron on Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:54 am; edited 1 time in total
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Wed Dec 06, 2017 3:13 am

RedEzra wrote:

"So the high priest stood up before them and questioned Jesus, 'Have You no answer? What is it these men are testifying against You?' But Jesus remained silent and made no reply. Again the high priest questioned Him, 'Are You the Christ, the Son of the Blessed One?' 'I am,' said Jesus, 'and you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of Power and coming with the clouds of heaven.' At this, the high priest tore his clothes and declared, 'Why do we need any more witnesses? You have heard the blasphemy. What is your verdict?' And they all condemned Him as deserving of death." - Mark 14:60-64

Just goes to show how ridiculous religions are
    RedEzra

Post  RedEzra on Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 am

What is abundantly clear is that most forum members ought to concentrate on manual labour and gardening and leave the quest and investigation into truths to those who have the mental capacity to do so and connect the dots through vast amounts of data.

We cannot all be skilled in searching for truths and so most of you ought to find something else to do.

orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:35 am

RedEzra wrote:What is abundantly clear is that most forum members ought to concentrate on manual labour and gardening and leave the quest and investigation into truths to those who have the mental capacity to do so and connect the dots through vast amounts of data. We cannot all be skilled in searching for truths and so most of you ought to find something else to do.
    Your comment certainly applies to me. I began this stupid-quest when I was six years old, at the Huntington Library, in San Marino, California. I stood transfixed for twenty minutes, gazing at the 'Blue Boy' by Thomas Gainsborough. I've wondered about this and that as I've wandered here and there throughout the years, with nothing to show for it. No appreciation. No respect. No compensation. I didn't understand that Education and Employment trump just about everything else. Ethics and Truth don't seem to matter, unless laws are broken, and prosecution is inflicted. Degrees, Jobs, Titles, Fame, Fortune, and Power Matter. Money Talks. Bullshit Walks. The God of This World Seems to be the Almighty-Dollar. A Man or Woman Convinced Against Their Will, Is of the Same Opinion Still. Why Go Round and Round, Spinning Your Wheels with Circular-Reasoning?? What's the Point?? Why Bother?? Sine Die.

Pinkie and the Brain??
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:36 am

RedEzra wrote:
    What is abundantly clear is that most forum members ought to concentrate on manual labour and gardening and leave the quest and investigation into truths to those who have the mental capacity to do so and connect the dots through vast amounts of data.

We cannot all be skilled in searching for truths and so most of you ought to find something else to do.

lol!
    You mean leave it to those with open minds. Not to those that blindly follow the teachings of just one book which is blatantly filled with lies
    burgundia

Post  burgundia on Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:58 pm

RedEzra wrote:

You should have taken up gardening a long time ago.
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:58 pm

Perhaps Gardening and Manual-Labor Might Be Productively-Combined With the Quest for Truth Regarding Life, the Universe, and Everything!! Consider Prayerfully and Carefully What Dr. A. Graham Maxwell Says (and Quotes) Between 01:20:00 and 01:22:00 (Especially Regarding the Governance of the Universe Relative to the Salvation of the Human-Race). I Am NOT a Scholar, But I've Spent Countless-Hours in the Presence of Ivy-League Theologians (Including Dr. Maxwell). Steven Spielberg's Stepmother Attended His Sabbath-School Class at Loma Linda University.

Swanny

Post  Swanny on Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:23 am

I have a question for you Red

If you were 20.000 years old you would hopefully be very wise and would have seen hundreds of religions come and go, why would you think one of the current ones to be true??
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Sun Dec 10, 2017 6:23 pm

I knew you wouldn't answer that one Very Happy
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:55 pm

Swanny wrote:If you were 20.000 years old you would hopefully be very wise and would have seen hundreds of religions come and go, why would you think one of the current ones to be true??
    If one were attempting to build a civilization, the absolute-truth might be the end of said civilization, and a cover-story might be absolutely-necessary. Who Knows?? How do we really know anything-significant (especially relative to antiquity and the otherworldly) with a significant degree of certainty?? What if this particular civilization requires a Matrix of Conflicting-Delusions to survive and thrive?? What if a Single Religion Consisting of the Absolute-Truth (with zero-tolerance for heresy) might work in Heaven, but NOT in Purgatory and/or Hell (figuratively and/or literally)?? I've constructed a Crazy-Laboratory of Conflicting-Concepts and Scary-Stories in a Science-Fictional Context of Politics and Religion (mostly), and this has seemingly made me the most unpopular soul in the solar-system. Understanding and Exploiting the Matrix of Deception works SO Much Better. Perhaps I'll get it right in my next life (if I even have one). Honesty is the Best Policy Until It Works Better to be Dishonest (without admitting this, of course). Perhaps I should focus on Gardening and Manual-Labor. It might be easier that way.

I once spoke with a bright college-freshman who said they were completely 'lost' regarding life, the universe, and everything. For all they knew "they might be in some giant's stomach'!! I'm sure they were using that as a figure of speech, but I understood their frustration completely. I felt their pain. A couple of years later, at this same college, I overheard a student crying to a Minister that "The Bible is NOT the Word of God!" She was weeping profusely. Decades later, a Harvard Divinity School Graduate spoke with me privately, mockingly referring to "God's Word" as we stood looking at a row of Bibles in a bookcase. As I keep saying, "I Believe, But I Don't Know What I Believe." I'm presently partial to Unorthodox Science-Fictional Biblical-Egyptology as a launching-pad for Religious and Political Science-Fiction. It's probably impossible to adequately describe my amalgamation of faith and doubt. I don't have a 'Monopoly on God' but I understand the dynamics of churches who claim to be the One True Church with the Absolute-Truth and God On Their Side. It's certainly easier to run a religious-organization and collect-tithe with that Fundamental Working Assumption.
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:34 am

I've just noticed that this thread is in the Spiritual Sanctuary.
    Does the bible have anything to do with spirituality? scratch
    I'm pretty sure religions are designed to stop people from being in touch with their spiritual side.

Maybe this thread should be in the mind control section
    orthodoxymoron

Post  orthodoxymoron on Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:54 am

The Bible seems to be used as 'Mind-Control' by making it say whatever the Powers That Be want it to say, yet using the Bible and God-Almighty as the Authority for what the Powers That Be are Saying and Doing. Proof-Texts and Catchy-Slogans are Forcefully and Hypnotically Shouted Into the Consciousness of We the Peons. Privately and Diligently Reading the Whole-Bible Straight-Through, Over and Over, seems to circumvent the 'Mind-Control' aspect, as a Mental and Spiritual Exercise (regardless of how true or false the texts are). I ultimately seek Clean Sheet of Stone Solutions, yet the historical material should NOT be neglected by Sirius-Researchers.
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:48 am

I've been thinking about this.
    The bibles and their churches definitely have nothing to do with spirituality and have tried very hard to stop it and killed millions of innocent people in their quests.
    It is anti-spiritual and should definitely not be in this section No

Yea the bible is definitely a Mind-Control system
    Swanny

Post  Swanny on Mon Dec 11, 2017 10:54 am

Opps double post. I think I pi55ed of Reds god and we had a power cut Insanely Happy
    Swanny

Post  Swanny Yesterday at 6:20 pm

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:23 am