tMoA

~ The only Home on the Web You'll ever need ~


    Solar Flares

    Share
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:46 pm

    You might want to tease that out a bit Floyd so everyone else gets the joke. Razz
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:49 pm

    You might want to read the thread from the perspective of the OP.
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Fri Oct 19, 2012 3:55 pm

    Our current science cant accurately predict the Suns behavior, but the behavior of the sun is wild.

    Some may think that massive sphere twisting with molten fire is no big deal though. Who am I to say...
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:28 pm

    Floyd wrote:
    There is no need to fear science Tom. Its not as nasty as some try to make out.
    We are all glued into this planet. What we do on this Earth counts. We make the difference.

    ...........

    But we can all rest assured that Solar storms do not cause earthquakes, ........ or civilisation ending events. Why? The evidence for it does not exist.

    That is why the fearmongers and certain poltical idealists will fail.

    I agree with you there F, not scared of the science I just think their egos could get in the way with real evidence. Dare I mention global warming??????

    I am always resting and always assured that no one will ever have the definitive knowledge. coz if they did it would most certainly be the end of the world as we know it. Sure we are in for the long haul so lets try and have some fun figuring out the puzzling world in which we live. If nothing else we should have a good time about.

    magamud,

    No he isn't saying that solar flares don't effect the earth, just that the fear marauding band of people are exaggerating as are the scientists. Small kids big egos sort of thing.

    But Floyd is 100% behind the idea that solar flares effect our earth, but just doesn't create EQs.

    Lawless
    t
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:44 pm

    magamud wrote:Our current science cant accurately predict the Suns behavior, but the behavior of the sun is wild.

    Some may think that massive sphere twisting with molten fire is no big deal though. Who am I to say...

    As the sun travels through the galaxy it encounters space XXXX, or as floyd would "space fart goats" which give us the erratic part of the sun. but the Rhythms of our sun is undeniable, solar cycle and all. and this is the greater driving force that effects the earth. We should be able to predict controlled solar flares rather than debris collision induce flares, which can be the dangerous ones due to their non rhythmical happenings.

    Don't forget we have really been looking at this all with the eyes of a scientist for the past 1000 yrs at the max. And when I mean scientist I mean study and factual readings. So that means scientist have been looking at all this for about a millie second in the lifetime of a Star such as our sun. The photo that we have been taking over the past millennium is that, a photo. not even uploadable on YOUTUBE. So to tell me in that short period of time they have the thing sussed. Apparently doctors used to prescribe christmas pudding as a pick me up before the days of so called modern drugs, Prozac. Does christmas puddings have an effect on the nature of human mood swings. Now theres a question worth answering. On that not will be back some point in Jan with the result.

    t
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:56 pm

    What are EQ's?
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Fri Oct 19, 2012 5:34 pm

    lawlessline wrote:I just think their egos could get in the way with real evidence.



    I wasnt aware they had egos Tom. Perhaps your ego is getting in the way of your judgement. Im not sure accusing scientists of having egos is a cogent argument? And what do you mean by real evidence? Can you provide data to counter the claims of the egoic professionals? Exluding the recent findings of the space fart goats lol.

    All egos befront opinions including my own but at least they back it up with decent data. Solar storms are not going to cause earthquakes and tsunamis. There is no data to prove otherwise.

    The pseudos are spreading fear on poor data as per spread throughout conspiracy boards.

    In this case- Solar flares causing earthquakes etc of which there is no evidence?
    Are you saying the scientists personalities get in the way of tangible evidence?

    Im not sure that's relevant mate?? Is It?





    If you would like to start a thread on the Climate change debate that would be cool.

    Nice to see debate on this thread.

    avatar
    Brook

    Posts : 3446
    Join date : 2010-08-21
    Age : 63

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Brook on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:08 pm

    “All truth passes through three stages: First, it is ridiculed; Second, it is violently opposed; Third, it is accepted as self-evident.”
    ― Arthur Schopenhauer


    A Planetary Alignment Solar System Simulator
    for Earthquake Research


    Ioannis Pappos, Konstantinos Raikakos, Basiaka Eirini, Tsixli Anastasia, Moumtzidou Panagiota
    N. Tselikas and A C Boucouvalas

    Department of Telecommunications Science and Technology,
    University of Peloponnese, Tripoli, Greece

    We have developed a solar system simulator suitable for earthquake research. The simulator is
    allows the position of the planets on their orbits for any selected date. The system allows for
    prediction of future planetary alignments as well as previous ones. We have carried out a research
    and showed that from 2004 only 7 of the 109 earthquakes of magnitude >7R were not accompanied
    by a planetary alignment.



    REFERENCES
    [1] ‘Αstronomical Alignments as the cause of ~M6+ seismicity’ Cornell University Library
    arXiv:1104.2036v1[physics-gen-ph] Mensur Omerbashich
    [2] European Mediterranean Seismological Centre, http://www.emsc.org
    [3] “Planetary theories in rectangular and spherical variables. VSOP87 solutions” P. Bretagnon and
    G. Francou.Astron. Astropys. 202,309-315 (1988).
    [4] http://www.jpl.nasa.gov/
    Acknowledgement: We would like to thank Dr. M. Chouliaras and Dr. G. Drakatos of the
    Geodynamics Institute, national Observatory of Athens for a most useful collaboration.


    http://cna.uop.gr/Student_Papers/eureka2011-paper18.pdf



    Again from Arxiv the Cornell University library....Peer Reviewed.


    http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/1104/1104.2036.pdf

    And a couple more links:

    http://arxiv.org/ftp/physics/papers/0612/0612177.pdf

    http://arxiv.org/abs/physics/0007041

    Which brings us back to this:


    In geophysics, dynamo theory proposes a mechanism by which a celestial body such as the Earth or a star generates a magnetic field. The theory describes the process through which a rotating, convecting, and electrically conducting fluid can maintain a magnetic field over astronomical time scales.

    Dynamo theory describes the process through which a rotating, convecting, and electrically conducting fluid acts to maintain a magnetic field. This theory is used to explain the presence of anomalously long-lived magnetic fields in astrophysical bodies. The conductive fluid in the geodynamo is liquid iron in the outer core, and in the solar dynamo is ionized gas at the tachocline. Dynamo theory of astrophysical bodies uses magnetohydrodynamic equations to investigate how the fluid can continuously regenerate the magnetic field.

    And this:

    "At the same time, in spite of the fact that the axion mechanism of solar dynamo-geodynamo connection explains well the strong negative correlation between the magnetic field of the solar tachocline zone and the Earth magnetic field from the physical standpoint, it can not explain other correlations in Figure 1 (between the magnetic field of the solar tachocline zone and variations of the Earth angular velocity, average global ocean level and the number of large earthquakes with the magnitude M≥7) from the energy standpoint. However, under certain conditions, i.e. within the framework of the hypothesis of natural nuclear georeactor existence on the boundary of the liquid and solid phases of the Earth core [16, 17], the axion mechanism can effectively provide these correlations."

    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1101.2221.pdf



    And a Good evening to you Tom Thubs Up


    [center]


    Last edited by Brook on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:38 pm; edited 2 times in total
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:30 pm

    yeah its great to cut and paste things but I haven't seen anything that remotely proves that solar flares cause tsunamis, earthquakes or civilisation changing events. Do these excerpts say otherwise?

    Are the scientists in this extract saying that solar flares cause tsunamis earthquakes and civilisation changing events? Doesnt look it to me

    I will write to the scientists involved and if they think such is the case, I will present such arguments to the scientists I have been corresponding with...should be interesting to say the least.

    Nice to see you back given recent comments you were glad to see the back of us
    Thubs Up
    avatar
    Brook

    Posts : 3446
    Join date : 2010-08-21
    Age : 63

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Brook on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:43 pm

    Peer review is a process of self-regulation by a profession or a process of evaluation involving qualified individuals within the relevant field. Peer review methods are employed to maintain standards, improve performance and provide credibility. In academia peer review is often used to determine an academic paper's suitability for publication.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peer_review


    Most of what I just copied and pasted was Peer Reviewed.
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:48 pm

    I dont see anything in what you have presented that clearly and distinctly says that solar flares are the direct cause of earthquakes tsunamis ets, or civilisation ending events but I will ask them that when I write to them to see if that is what they are hypothesizing.
    avatar
    Brook

    Posts : 3446
    Join date : 2010-08-21
    Age : 63

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Brook on Fri Oct 19, 2012 7:52 pm

    Post number 42...I responded to this quote :

    That space weather cannot produce significant geological activity

    I believe I have answered it with documentation. But you would actually have to read it ...........
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:04 pm

    I would suggest you go back to the OP which is the real reason why you are here isnt it? You just wanted to jump in.

    You are bored.

    There is nothing going on in the train wreck of atticus1 is there now?
    You wanted a good old fashioned scrap. Nothing wrong with that.

    BTW your documentation did not address the OP.
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:58 am

    Floyd wrote:
    lawlessline wrote:I just think their egos could get in the way with real evidence.



    I wasnt aware they had egos Tom. Perhaps your ego is getting in the way of your judgement. Im not sure accusing scientists of having egos is a cogent argument? And what do you mean by real evidence? Can you provide data to counter the claims of the egoic professionals? Exluding the recent findings of the space fart goats lol.


    The pseudos are spreading fear on poor data as per spread throughout conspiracy boards.

    In this case- Solar flares causing earthquakes etc of which there is no evidence?
    Are you saying the scientists personalities get in the way of tangible evidence?

    Im not sure that's relevant mate?? Is It?





    If you would like to start a thread on the Climate change debate that would be cool.

    Nice to see debate on this thread.


    As I don't even know what Copy and paste means I will try my best to explain through my ego riddled mind.

    You are saying that the evidence provided by scientists is sound information that is no way even tweaked to provide themselves with the money they need to continue in the job that they have stumbled. It is all very well to accept the information just because they have a graph that they have produced to back their claims. Sorry to say but that is exactly what has happened to the climate changers. They were receiving millions so they falsified info so they would keep receiving the mighty dollar. So to come on here fart loads of space goats all over the place about how scientists are the greatest thing since sliced bread is a bit rich.

    Next you'll be telling me that the world is not hollow with munchkins living there.

    The evidence I am working on with Alcock and Mr. Notrouser.

    Let me get the copy and pasting going on. and get back to later on.


    M EQs are EATHQUAKES. sorry for the abrev. just a lazy tyke.

    Got kids birthdays today and tomorrow so will be later tonight, but I assure you Floyd Copy and paste I will. Give yo'all reasons to wear glasses

    Lawless

    t
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:18 am

    Have a great day with the kids tom!

    You like others are shifting the focus away fron the op as there is no evidence to refute ir. this is not a debate about climate change. Saying learned scientists have egos that blight their skills is a non discussion.
    You are not able to provide evidence from any scientist who says that solar flares are the direct cause of earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes because there isnt any and it is not the case.

    The whole exercise of this thread was to show how fear mongering was unfounded and baseless.
    Changing the goalposts to climate change etc only confirms that the scientists who are learned are correct and we may learn from them thus eradicating the dark forces behind the egregore of fear a la Patrick Geryl etc.

    A seperate thread on climate change would be good as i think this one is just about done.

    Space goat farts from venus included. Do you actually say that to your kids!! Thought EQ was on my hifi
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Sat Oct 20, 2012 5:31 am

    Floyd wrote:Have a great day with the kids tom!

    You like others are shifting the focus away fron the op as there is no evidence to refute ir. this is not a debate about climate change. Saying learned scientists have egos that blight their skills is a non discussion.
    You are not able to provide evidence from any scientist who says that solar flares are the direct cause of earthquakes, tsunamis and volcanoes because there isnt any and it is not the case.

    The whole exercise of this thread was to show how fear mongering was unfounded and baseless.
    Changing the goalposts to climate change etc only confirms that the scientists who are learned are correct and we may learn from them thus eradicating the dark forces behind the egregore of fear a la Patrick Geryl etc.

    A seperate thread on climate change would be good as i think this one is just about done.

    Space goat farts from venus included. Do you actually say that to your kids!! Thought EQ was on my hifi

    Floyd I agree with you on the fear mongering, no problem there. As you so rightly say, I like most would be hard pushed to find scientist who willing to put an end to there career by supporting such an event. That does not mean that it cann't happen????No?

    So lets stay away from Climate change if you so wish. I was only using it as an example of how paid scientists are just that PAID.They have results to produce, that could be within the interest of a certain group. So don't tell me that you say to your kids, "watch the telly and every little drop of info is right and don't ask questions?" I feel sorry for you and your kids. But I encourage my kids to ask all questions, and I state to them that the points of view that I have are my opinions, of which I know I have not the definitive answer. Otherwise the world would be done, as you said.

    I thin k it was it was the greeks that believed that the male testicals were weights. Designed to lover the voice when they dropped and the young boy became a teenager. Imagine what reception you would of had if you said they were full of seamen.
    " what did he say"
    "he said you've got a load of seamen inside you."
    I just hope they are not pirates

    So I would put the fear mongering hoar and the money laundering scientific sell outs in the same bag thats all. But if the discussion was just do fear mongering Solar flare enthusiasts just create fear to sell books etc. Your fisrt post would the last. But as you have broken the initial part of the thread and now asking yourself another question, Does solar flares effect the Earth. There is no fear in that, just the fear that you are sowing.

    If that is the case then we are done and I will spend the rest of the day exploring life with my kids.

    Lawless

    t
    avatar
    magamud

    Posts : 1280
    Join date : 2012-06-17

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  magamud on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:12 am

    Floyd is ridiculous. The Sun cant cause earthquakes here on earth?






    Or perhaps floyd your just blinded by your fear mongering campaign? Do you need science to tell you what common sense is?

    avatar
    Eartheart

    Posts : 456
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 52
    Location : surface omnidim gridpoint

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Eartheart on Sat Oct 20, 2012 12:11 pm



    So long Floyd is protecting us from directly beeing hit by hot sh*t Toast ...

    The thingy is clearly not to divide between sun, space, earth, reader, screen ect.,
    while denial provokes effect to cause equilibrium, i am the orange flare as well...

    i saw those loops of paid science versus alternative thinkers just averting the real
    concious awarness we need to cope with this mindfunq of the dark millenia -
    there is science of heart and loove, than unity and of cosmiclaws,where we gonna need
    some uncorupted wholeheartedly thinking scientists...

    avatar
    Brook

    Posts : 3446
    Join date : 2010-08-21
    Age : 63

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Brook on Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:16 pm

    Eartheart wrote:

    So long Floyd is protecting us from directly beeing hit by hot sh*t Toast ...

    The thingy is clearly not to divide between sun, space, earth, reader, screen ect.,
    while denial provokes effect to cause equilibrium, i am the orange flare as well...

    i saw those loops of paid science versus alternative thinkers just averting the real
    concious awarness we need to cope with this mindfunq of the dark millenia -
    there is science of heart and loove, than unity and of cosmiclaws,where we gonna need
    some uncorupted wholeheartedly thinking scientists...


    I like the way you think! I've been reading some of your posts.

    Equilibrium....
    .

    [b]Conclusion

    In this paper, we have presented a new deterministic model
    for reversals. In this model, chaotic reversals are generated
    through a boundary crisis between two symmetric chaotic
    attractors. Compared to previous deterministic models,
    this mechanism produces a relatively complex behavior
    in a given polarity, while reversals exhibit a very robust
    shape. In addition, we have shown that several very different dynamical regimes can be obtained, depending on
    the values of the free parameters of the system.
    This model has been compared to reversals of the Earth
    magnetic field, and a good agreement has been obtained.
    Although geomagnetic reversals are certainly more complicated than a simple interaction between three modes,
    t is interesting to obtain a simple way to describe this
    complex phenomenon. The strong similarities between our
    model and paleomagnetic observations suggest an interpretation of geomagnetic reversals as resulting from an interaction between the dipolar and the quadrupolar components of the magnetic field. In addition, our model predicts
    that a velocity mode could play the role of the amplitude
    V , by coupling the two magnetic components dipole and
    quadrupole. It would be interesting to study the different possibilities for such a flow, corresponding to a breaking of the mirror symmetry of the large scale flow in the
    Earth core. Because of the fast rotation of the Earth,
    the geostrophic equilibrium makes difficult a spontaneous
    breaking of this symmetry. However, the presence of the
    core, decoupling the north and the south hemispheres inside the tangent cylinder, makes possible the existence of
    large scale antisymmetric velocity modes: for instance, an
    heterogeneous heat flux at the core-mantle boundary may
    force the large scale velocity
    mode V .

    Several physical systems, different from the dynamo,
    display chaotic reversals of an observable between two
    symmetric states. In general, the interpretation in terms
    of a few coupled equations generating deterministic chaos
    is easily ruled out. Indeed, most of the models predict a
    behavior far too simple between reversals, like the growing
    periodic oscillations of the Lorenz or Rikitake equations.
    It is possible to attenuate this behavior by adding noise
    to the system, taking into account higher order terms, or
    increasing the dimension of the model. The new model
    presented in this article shows that it is in fact possible to
    obtain a more complex behavior between reversals, closer
    to stochastic models predictions, with only three coupled
    equations limited to quadratic orders. This is an important observation, because it opens the perspective to understand the dynamics of complex physical systems using
    very simple mechanisms, mainly relying on symmetry arguments.

    http://arxiv.org/pdf/1109.6569.pdf



    ___________________________________________________________________________________

    In a press release today, the GFZ German Research Centre for Geosciences described the connection between the Laschamp magnetic reversal, the Phlegrean Field (Campi Flegrei) volcanic eruption that devastated most of southeastern Europe, and periods of frequent rapid cooling and warming.

    The largest volcanic eruption in the Northern hemisphere in the past 100,000 years, the Campi Flegrei eruption pumped out some 84 cubic miles (350 cu km) of rock and lava and distributed ash over the entire eastern Mediterranean and up to central Russia.

    Some researchers think these eruptions drove the Neanderthals to extinction and cleared the way for anatomically modern humans - Homo sapiens - to thrive in Europe and Asia.

    Today, the Campi Flegrei is an eight-mile-wide volcanic caldera on the outskirts of Naples, Italy, a city of nearly a million people.

    As with the Yellowstone super volcano, the Campi Flegrei is a popular tourist attraction. Filled with lakes of boiling mud, sulphrous steam holes and small volcanic features, its name comes from the Greek word for 'burning.' The ancients believed the area to be the gateway to hell.


    http://www.sott.net/article/252523-Scientists-link-magnetic-reversal-climate-change-and-super-volcano-to-same-time-period

    Maxwell's demon through the looking glass



    Mechanical Maxwell's demons, such as Smoluchowski's trapdoor and Feynman's ratchet and
    pawl need external energy source to operate. If you cease to feed a demon the Second Law of
    thermodynamics will quickly stop its operation. Nevertheless, if the parity is an unbroken symmetry
    of nature, it may happen that a small modif cation leads to demons which do not need feeding.
    Such demons can act like perpetuum mobiles of the second kind: extract heat energy from only one
    reservoir, use it to do work and be isolated from the rest of ordinary world. Yet the Second Law is
    not violated because the demons pay their entropy cost in the hidden (mirror) sector of the world
    by emitting mirror photons.

    As frequently stressed by Landau , we expect the world of elementary particles to be
    mirror symmetric because the space itself is mirror symmetric. But weak interactions turned
    out to be left-handed and heroic eff orts of Landau and others to save left-right
    symmetry by CP also failed. Therefore we are left with the strange fact that nature is left-
    right asymmetric. But the example from the molecular physics considered above suggests
    a possibility that the observed asymmetry might be just apparent, the result of the fact
    that some fast degrees of freedom hidden, presumably, at the Planck scale, were overlooked.
    Then in the more complete theory parity symmetry will be restored, but the parity doubles
    will appear at the universe level in the form of mirror world .

    If nature is indeed organized in this manner, the fascinating Maxwell demons considered
    in the previous sections can be made operative by just adding mirror matter to one of their
    thermal reservoirs. Mirror matter demons can extract heat from one thermal reservoir, for
    example from the world ocean, and transform it very ef ectively (in case of Brillouin demon)
    to some useful work, thereby solving the global energy problems of mankind!

    http://philsci-archive.pitt.edu/3140/1/demon.pdf


    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maxwell%27s_demon








    I better leave before that silver hammer comes back...Bang Bang Blink

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=qpCV2wgoxC8
    avatar
    Eartheart

    Posts : 456
    Join date : 2012-02-23
    Age : 52
    Location : surface omnidim gridpoint

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Eartheart on Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:04 pm

    Blushes yeah Brook, i got infused by your notices laying around like left purposefull at the coffeetable...

    Those Archeon's automated channelers may use Maxwell's tunneling to use biblecode to make the faith-healings possible.One more ball can disturbthe equilibrium, but we have made changes as well - like a round pooltable changes the rules of the game. But wait, did we invent the sour dough of their feeble
    AI drama of their Orionqueens in that Xtra-space Question we can delete them from omnidim by changing the mirrorfreqs they use to keep imposing will. I gonna set some sanandas to work on this.

    Those italien supra-vulcanos poop on evolution. They have one underwater - real taff and hot, ready to blow,
    waiting for the Arrow afroplate to push a bit more...

    ....................

    the quadrupolar magnetic cores interplay and the resulting drama for the dipolar mode is like a soapopera fallout of a couple after an orgie... Thats whythem need the velocity factor... But like i wrote elsewhere, it is
    an observed conclusion, butour planet gonna change back to a monopolar sphere with a nicly lit ionised athmosphere around a sourced omnidim core, Exclamation now paradigm called unityphysix...

    I couldnt check those readings onthe strata concerningtheir magnetic reversal model, shure is just, that the crystallized magmalines are telling that field and strength was changed and globaly interupted for 444 Question years... But they think in their ways...

    .......................................................
    i thought myself very left, so far some couldnt even turn their heads before i left the polarity games. So i dont wonder if there is a left/right asymetry in nature, it would keep the flow and the change going...



    Hence Omnidim multicore interdependance in LOOVE
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18229
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:01 pm


    When Floyd sees fear being raised that he judges unfounded and further more money asked for it he points a finger to it and shoots.
    Fair enough. I can see underlying this,a sense of protecting novices to conspiracy forums, from falling into the trap of taking for granted every new cataclysmic theory that comes around and invite them to take the time to do their own research and come up with their own views about it.

    I believe no one here objected to that original post's message.

    I understand your will to stemp down fear mongering Floyd but does the roughness with which you handled some of the people that came along this thread with views of their own regarding Sun and Earth alone serve it ?

    You are willing to name injustice without hesitation and for this the use of unwavering will is required but remember also kindness for this too is a quality of Heart.

    Kind words elicit trust. Kind thoughts create depth. Kind deeds bring love. ~ Lao Tzu

    Love from me
    mudra





    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18229
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:13 pm

    This is a study published in the International Journal of Fundamental Physical Sciences in june 2012

    Do Solar Activities Cause Local Earthquakes?
    (New Zealand

    Study conducted by Bijan Nikouravan


    The relationships between solar activities (sunspots, solar 10.7cm radio flux, solar irradiance, and solar proton events) and local earthquakes investigated in this paper. The geographical location of study is New Zealand area. All earthquakes data have been chosen for , from first of 1970 to Jun 2012.

    The study reveals the following conclusions:

    1) The total numbers of earthquakes strongly show annually an increasing in number of earthquakes in New Zealand from 42 years ago.

    2) The maximum earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activities,

    3) The maximum earthquakes occurs in minimum years of sunspots number with a good correlation coefficient.

    4) The maximum earthquakes occur in the minimum solar cm radio flux with strong correlation coefficient.

    PDF attached below



    Love Always
    mudra
    Attachments
    solar activity.pdf
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (372 Kb) Downloaded 0 times


    Last edited by mudra on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
    avatar
    mudra

    Posts : 18229
    Join date : 2010-04-09
    Age : 62
    Location : belgium

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  mudra on Sun Oct 21, 2012 2:20 pm

    And this one comes from " Acta Seismologica Sinica "

    Relationship between global seismicity and
    solar activities*


    GuI-QING ZHANG (~;~'h~)
    Beijing Astronomical Observatory, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beo'ing

    The relations between sunspot numbers and earthquakes (M2_6), solar 10.7 cm radio flux and earthquakes, solar
    proton events and earthquakes have been analyzed in this paper.

    It has been found that:

    1: Earthquakes occur frequently around the minimum years of solar activity. Generally, the earthquake activities are relatively less during the peak value years of solar activity, some say, around the period when magnetic polarity in the solar polar regions is reversed.

    2:The earthquake frequency in the minimum period of solar activity is closely related to the maximum annual means of sunspot numbers, the maximum annual means of solar 10.7 cm radio flux and solar proton events of a whole solar cycle, and the relation between earthquake and solar proton events is closer than others.



    pdf attached below

    Love Always
    mudra

    Attachments
    solar activity and seismicity.pdf
    You don't have permission to download attachments.
    (74 Kb) Downloaded 0 times
    avatar
    Floyd

    Posts : 4105
    Join date : 2010-04-16

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Floyd on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:07 am

    mudra wrote:

    I understand your will to stemp down fear mongering Floyd but does the roughness with which you handled some of the people that came along this thread with views of their own regarding Sun and Earth alone serve it ?
    mudra


    I dont believe I was being rough Mudras. Just being realistic.

    The bottom line is this. There is no evidence that directly links solar flares to the causation of civilisation destroying events and tsunamis etc. There may be some statistics that indicate some relation but Solar flares do not trigger earthquakes and volcanoes.

    This just about sums it up

    Do solar flares or magnetic storms (space weather) cause earthquakes?

    Solar flares and magnetic storms belong to a set of phenomena known collectively as "space weather". Technological systems and the activities of modern civilization can be affected by changing space-weather conditions. However, it has never been demonstrated that there is a causal relationship between space weather and earthquakes. Indeed, over the course of the Sun's 11-year variable cycle, the occurrence of flares and magnetic storms waxes and wanes, but earthquakes occur without any such 11-year variability. Since earthquakes are driven by processes in the Earth's interior, they would occur even if solar flares and magnetic storms were to somehow cease occurring.


    http://millbrae.patch.com/articles/are-you-ready-for-a-big-earthquake

    In the final analysis people will believe in what they want to but the facts will remain.

    We need not fear any solar storms, neither tomorrow nor next year.
    avatar
    lawlessline

    Posts : 700
    Join date : 2010-04-23
    Age : 44

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  lawlessline on Mon Oct 22, 2012 3:58 pm

    Floyd,

    As you need a scientist to tell you a bit of common sense let someone from hazard Uni give you their experience in trying to understand if there was anything between solar flares and EQs.

    "We classified the earthquake events with respect to their magnitude and further attempted to look for their correlation with GOES importance class and delay time. We found that with the increasing importance of flares the delay in the onset of earthquake reduces. The critical X-ray intensity of the flare to be associated with earthquake is found to be ~10-6 Watts/m2. On the other hand no clear evidence could be established that higher importance flares precede high magnitude earthquakes.


    http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2007AGUSMIN33A..03J

    Now this is what I was trying to say to you whilst you were Alex Jonesing your head bashing of the fear muck spreaders. The system is not based on one singularity due to the fact that the system would be prone to failure on regular basis.

    Do your research properly Floyd listen to every side rather than the first handful you get. The dimensional aspect of the system is far greater than what you may think. But I know you are further down the line than that???

    Lawless

    t

    Sponsored content

    Re: Solar Flares

    Post  Sponsored content


      Current date/time is Fri Jul 28, 2017 11:57 am