Nexus meditations

mudra

Re: Nexus meditations

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:47 am

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:13 am

According to the Dalai Lama, this Kalachakra mandala creates a favorable atmosphere that reduces tension and violence. I have it hanging prominently in my dining room to create a peaceful atmosphere which encourages proper digestion and a calming dining experience.

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 pm

Lovely Bobbie,

Thank you for sharing this.
    Do you know of any larger print of it ?

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:06 pm

I found this large one for those who would like to print it .

Love from me
    mudra
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:28 pm

Yes Mudra. This is the site where I purchased my print quite a few years ago and they still have it. I might add that the actual print's colors are far more intense and deeper than the image on the site, which I liked even more. The print is about 18" x 24". http://www.mystictrader.com/Kalachakra-Thangka-Print_p_820.html

Here is my print with my daughter in front of it. You can get a sense of the depth of color from it but the actual colors are off a bit. The real colors are deep teal and rust. The camera does not do it justice.

mudra wrote:Lovely Bobbie,

Love from me
    mudra
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:32 pm

I apologize Mudra - I reread your post and you didn't want to know where I got it you wanted to know if there was a larger print of it. That I don't know - sorry - but if I find one I'll post it.

mudra wrote:Lovely Bobbie,

Love from me
    mudra
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Mudra - this is the size of the one on the site where I bought the print. I'm sure there has to be larger ones on the internet SOMEWHERE - LOL.

mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:28 pm

You did great Bobbie and the picture you posted of your daugher in front of that print gives it even an extra glow .
    Thank you for sharing . Your daughter is a beautifull being . sunny

Love from me
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:56 pm

You inspired me Bobbiesunny

The Kalachakra Mandala

http://kalachakranet.org/mandala_kalachakra.html

INTRODUCTION

His Holiness the Dalai Lama from: \'The Kalachakra tantra, rite of initiation\':

Full Kalachakra sand mandala
    (body, speech and mind)

\"The Kalachakra system was one of the last and most complex tantric systems to be brought to Tibet from India. In recent years many Westerners have become acquainted with this tradition as various lamas have given the Kalachakra Initiation to large groups of people. I myself have given it several times in Western countries, as well as in India and Tibet. Such initiation are given on the basis of a mandala, the sacred residence with its residence deities, usually depicted in graphic form . The tradition I follow employs a mandala constructed of colored sand which is carefully assembled prior to each initiation and dismantled once more at the end. Due to their colorful and intricate nature, mandalas have attracted a great deal of interest. Although some can be openly explained, most are related to tantric doctrines that are normally supposed to be kept secret. Consequently, many speculative and mistaken interpretations have circulated among people who viewed them simply as works of art or had no access to reliable explanations. Because the severe misunderstandings that can arise are more harmful than a partial lifting of secrecy, I have encouraged a greater openness in the display and accurate description of mandalas.\"
    The best known form of the Kalachakra mandala is the sand mandala, for which colored sand grains are painstakingly placed. This sand drawing represents a 3-dimensional palace of which every single detail has a symbolic meaning. A mandala is a symbolic representation of many aspects of a specific tantra. In the Kalachakra tantra, all elements of the mandala refer to the universe (outer Kalachakra), the body and mind (inner Kalachakra) and the practice (initiation, generation and completion stages).
    Every detail of the mandala, from each deity to every adornments of the building, refers to time and the universe (Outer Kalachakra), physical and mental aspects of Kalachakra and ourselves (Inner Kalachakra), and also to aspects of the practice (Alternative Kalachakra).

It should be noted that in the Kalachakra tradition, an unusual order of directions is followed in the description of the mandala. As usual (in Tibetan artwork), the Eastern direction (black) is directed to the viewer, or at the bottom of an image, but when going around the mandala, a somewhat complicated order is followed: clockwise from East to Southwest, clockwise from North to Northeast, and finally clockwise from West to Northwest.
    This page describes the main layout of the mandala palace, other pages in the area for Initiates describe more in detail the deities which can be found at the various locations.

The Kalachakra Mandala is like a huge palace, with 5 distinct floor levels:
    At the ground level is the Body Mandala, measuring 200 by 200 armspans, and it has 4 huge entrance ways in the main directions.
    Within the Body Mandala, on a platform of 100 armspans high, comes the Speech Mandala with a floor surface of 100 by 100 armspans, which looks very similar to the Body Mandala.
    At the center of the Speech mandala, on a platform 50 armspans in height, comes the Mind Mandala, with a floor surface of 50 by 50 armspans, which looks again very similar to the Body Mandala. The Mind Mandala has two more floor levels, the Exalted Wisdom Mandala and the Great Bliss Mandala.
    The Exalted Wisdom Mandala is raised 25 armspans above the floor of the Mind Mandala and its floor measures 25 by 25 armspans.
    On a slightly raised platform is the central Great Bliss Mandala, with a large green lotus on which the main Deity Kalachakra with his consort Vishvamata resides, surrounded by the 8 Shaktis.
    The top of the roof of the Great Bliss Mandala is at a height of 200 armspans.

THE CENTRAL MIND MANDALA

Kalachakra Mind Mandala

There are various traditions in depicting the mandala; in the type of Mind Mandala below on the left, all the deities are depicted as dots of sand, but in the thanka-painting of the Mind Mandala below, the most important deities are depicted.In the last case, proportions of the mandala are somewhat distorted in the center, otherwise the deities would not fit.In the Kalachakra tradition blue and black are often interchanged, so for example, deities of black color can be depicted as blue.The complete mandala of Kalachakra is built up in five distinct floors. The ground floor is the Body Mandala, the first floor is the Speech Mandala, and the highest three floors are part of the Mind Mandala.
    To explain what happens in this complex construction, we start from the center of the mandala, see the schematized image below of the isolated Mind Mandala which holds some 70 deities.
    The central area surrounded by the black frame (vajra wall) is the Great Bliss Mandala, representing the experience of Emptiness and Great Bliss. It is located on the highest, fifth floor of the complete body, speech and mind mandala
    In the center is a green lotus, with on its central (black Kalagni) disc, Kalachakra and Vishvamata are represented as blue and yellow dots.
    On the green lotus, each of the eight leaves is occupied by a Shakti.
    Around the lotus, on the blue floor of the Great Bliss Mandala, are four implements: white conch, red wooden gong, a black wish-granting jewel and a yellow wish-granting tree which represent the Buddha\'s Body, Speech, Mind and Exalted Wisdom respectively.

The surrounding area within the green line contains black pillars (in this image they are projected onto the floor) which carry the roof. This is the Exalted Wisdom Mandala, which represents the Subtle Mind and is on the fourth floor of the mandala.
    Between the pillars are the 8 pairs of Tathagatas, seated on lotus seats, and vases.
    The following area is divided in 4 quarts of different colors, showing the floor of the Mind Mandala, which is on the third floor.
    This outer area represents the Coarse Mind, located on the second floor, and it is surrounded by a three-coloured wall.
    On the white ledge (lhanam) just within the wall, 12 couples of Bodhisattvas are seated.
    In the entrance gates, wrathful protecting deities are located, as couples.
    In the four main directions, the porticos or entrance gates are depicted; in fact, they stand upright in the full 3D mandala, but are \"flattened\" for imaging in 2D.
    Outside the mandala wall is also a white ledge, on which offering goddesses are located.

Below image is a 3D-view of the Mind Mandala. Not all dimensions have been officially verified, but it should give a good overall impression. All ornamentation is left out to create a clearer image, but note that even the ornaments do have profound symbolic meaning. The deities are represented as cylinders in the correct color. Deity pairs are represented as two half-cylinders.

THE FULL BODY, SPEECH AND MIND MANDALA

The image below represents a simplified 2D version of the complete mandala, as in the sand mandala, but not containing any deities or ornaments. In the center is the Mind Mandala, which is surrounded by the Speech and Body Mandala, which are similarly shaped.

Surrounding the central Mind Mandala is the Speech Mandala which represents the Enjoyment Body of the Buddha (Sambhogakaya). This mandala houses 116 deities and lies on the second floor of the mandala. On the white ledge (lhanam) are 80 deities, the Yoginis of the Speech Mandala, they represent for example the 80 minor marks of a Buddha.

The Body Mandala represents the Form Body of the Buddha (Rupakaya) and it surrounds the Speech Mandala. The Body Mandala is placed on the first floor at ground level. Including the deities in the surrounding cemetery grounds (depicted as wheels), it contains 536 deities. On the white ledge (lhanam) just inside the outer walls, are 12 animals (visible on the sand mandala, not here), depicting the 12 months of the year. Each carries a lotus with 28 petals on which a deity is placed, and a deity pair in the center which represents new moon and full moon; together these represent the 30 lunar days in a month. The number 360 also refers to the sets of 360 breaths we take in 60 cycles every day (adding up to 21,600 breaths per day).

Simplified full Body, Speech and Mind Mandala

The Body Mandala is surrounded by crescent-shaped areas, which are the offering grounds. Next follow circles which represent the elements: earth (yellow), water (white), fire (pink/red), wind (gray/black) and space (green). The outermost circle is the \"Great Protective Circle\", \"Mountain of Flames\" or \"Circle of Wisdom\" which represents the wisdom element. The differently colored areas represent the five Wisdoms of the Buddha in the form of a rainbow.

The pink and gray Dharma Wheels are also known as the \"Cemetery Grounds\". The cemeteries are represented as eight-spoked wheels. Between these wheels, 88 Sanskrit syllables are placed (not depicted here). It should be noted that there is a profound relationship between the Kalachakra tantra and the Sanskrit alphabet. Click to look at a large image (165kB) of the [url=sand mandala]http://kalachakranet.org/images/kcsand.jpg[/url]

In the practice of Kalachakra, one strives at visualizing the complete mandala, including its hundreds of deities in perfect detail of the size of a small drop during the Generation Stage of the practice, to achieve a very high level of concentration. Next, during the Completion Stage practices one gradually develops one\'s body and mind into that of an enlightened Buddha by controlling all energies of body and mind. This should give an idea of the level of concentration required for transforming oneself into a Buddha....

Images of a \'real\' 3D Kalachakra mandala made in the USA by Arjia Rinpoche

LINKS AND BOOKS

Very detailed images of the Kalachakra mandala and all the 722 deities as they are depicted in the Kalachakra Temple in Dharamsala, India can be found in the beautiful book \'Kalachakra\', published by Tibet Domani, Italy 1996.
    Good descriptions are also found in \'The Mandala\' by Martin Brauen and \'The Wheel of Time Sand Mandala\' by Barry Bryant.

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 4:58 pm; edited 4 times in total
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 2:58 pm

Thank you Mudra - she is also a very awake and aware being -- as such has more difficulty with the nature of the human animal than most.

mudra wrote:You did great Bobbie and the picture you posted of your daugher in front of that print gives it even an extra glow .
    Thank you for sharing . Your daughter is a beautifull being . sunny

Love from me
    mudra
    Bobbie

Post  Bobbie on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:03 pm

Mudra - Wonderful information on mandalas. Thank you. Looks like there is more than one type of Kalachakra - how interesting. I notice that chakra is part of the word.
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 20, 2010 3:10 pm

As I added ... YOU inspired me Bobbie cheers

Love from me
    mudra

Post  Guest on Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:02 pm

Thank you, both of you, Bobbie and Mudra. This is exquisite.

In Love,
    Bushycat
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:25 am

Nexus global synchronized meditation of saturday the 24th of april 2010 at 8 pm Gmt.

I will greet this day with love in my heart. And how will I do this? Henceforth will I look on all things with love and I will be born again. I will love the sun for it warms my bones; yet I will love the rain for it cleanses my spirit. I will love the light for it shows me the way; yet I will love the darkness for it shows me the stars. I will welcome happiness for it enlarges my heart; yet I will endure sadness for it opens my soul. I will acknowledge rewards for they are my due; yet I will welcome obstacles for they are my challenge. -

Og Mandino

Love always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:25 pm

Nexus global synchronized meditation on sacred sites

May the 22d 2010

May we be many to join all over the globe and share our hearts in the name of LOVE.

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:41 pm

SNOW FORMATION IN THE NETHERLANDS

http://www.colinandrews.net/SnowCircles-Netherlands2009.html

On December 19, 2009, an impressive snow formation was discovered in the small town of Hoeven in the Dutch province of North-Brabant. I received a phone call from my dear friend and collegue Roy Boschman, who had been warned by Robbert van den Broeke who had discovered the formation.

The formation consisted of 23 rings of various sizes, linked like thought bubbles.
    The total dimensions measured 60 by 52 metres (185 by 155 feet). There were no footprints in the snow; it seemed as if the formation had been pushed into the fresh snow from above, like a gigantic stamp. What was interesting was the absence of snow in the rings. It had simply disappeared: melted and vaporised by the heat of the energy?

When Roy called me on the phone, it was already late afternoon, so I decided to visit the formation (2 hours drive) the following morning. I made sure everything was ready: cameras, pole, fully loaded batteries. But when I opened the curtains the next day, to my sadness I saw it had snowed that night. The formation had disappeared under a thick layer of fresh snow...

A snow formation has its advantages (such as the significant absence of footprints), but it also has disadvantages!
    Luckily Roy took many excellent photographs, so all I can say is... 'enjoy'!
    (Many thanks to Roy Boschman and Robbert van den Broeke).

Note: just to be totally clear: this formation (plus the second and third snow formation that followed) is absolutely authentic! (i.e. NOT man-made). This puts the Netherlands on the snow circle map once and for all...

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:43 pm

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:45 pm

SNOW FORMATION CHANGES IN GRASS FORMATION

When the snow melted away, the first snow formation near the Dutch town of Hoeven presented us with yet another surprise: instead of a normal field (which one may expect when only two people have walked the formation), a grass formation appeared! The pattern of connected rings turned out to be thoroughly pushed into the field by the energies...

Note: the second snow formation also showed an imprint in the soil after the snow had melted, but it was not as clearly visible, as this field had not been harvested yet. It still contained the stubble of last year's corn plants. As a result, the imprint was not very photogenic...

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:48 pm

THIRD SNOW FORMATION IN THE NETHERLANDS

On Februari 12, 2010, the third snow formation was reported in the Netherlands, once again forefelt and subsequently discovered by Robbert van den Broeke and studied plus photographed by Roy Boschman. This formation appeared at Oudenbosch in the Dutch province of North Brabant. It was considerably smaller than the previous two formations and consisted of 5 connected rings and some sort of a double bar. When Robbert discovered the formation, there were no footprints.

It seems as if the Circle Makers are testing the Dutch people, to see how far we can think outside 'the box'.
    Both Robbert, Roy and myself are absolutely convinced that all three snow formations were genuine, i.e. NOT man-made.
    But their shapes are rough and not symmetrically precise. The photographs below clearly show what I mean:
    it is ever so easy to conclude that these are man-made hoaxes. Why else are they so rough?

Can you think outside the box? Can you accept that the Circle Makers sometimes create the following?

All data above are taken from here :
    http://www.circularsite.com/index.html

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:50 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Sat May 01, 2010 6:41 am

Nexus meditation of saturday 1st of may 2010 at 8 PM Gmt

Soul
    by Eric Galla

Close your eyes,To see with your heart,
    Close your ears,To hear with your heart,
    Forget your mind,And think with your heart.
    For your heart will see,When your eyes fail,
    And your heart will hear,When the voices are confused,
    Your heart has the answers,When your mind falls short.
    Remember your heart,For it is the key to love,
    Remember all love,For love is the key to your soul,
    Remember your soul,For it is your Foundation

One with you through the Heart

Love Always
    mudra

Gemeos

Post  Gemeos on Mon May 03, 2010 5:26 pm

Always a comfort, to come here to this Sanctuary!
    Thank you mudra for maintaining the spirit of Nexus alive!
    mudra

Post  mudra on Tue May 04, 2010 7:13 pm

Thich Nhat Hanh

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Thu May 06, 2010 5:36 am

Love Always
    mudra
    mudra

Post  mudra on Thu May 06, 2010 7:03 pm

This Is the Buddha’s Love

Melvin McLeod interviews Thich Nhat Hanh

Melvin McLeod: Around us at this monastery are many signs and slogans reminding people to be mindful, to return to their body and breath, and to recollect their nature as human beings. At mealtimes, everyone stops eating when the clock chimes to practice a few moments of mindfulness. Why is it so important for us to return to this basic ground of breath and body and being?

Thich Nhat Hanh: To meditate means to go home to yourself. Then you know how to take care of the things that are happening inside you, and you know how to take care of the things that happen around you. All meditation exercises are aimed at bringing you back to your true home, to yourself. Without restoring your peace and calm and helping the world to restore peace and calm, you cannot go very far in the practice.

Melvin McLeod: What is the difference between this true self, the self you come home to, and how we normally think of ourselves?

Thich Nhat Hanh: True self is non-self, the awareness that the self is made only of non-self elements. There’s no separation between self and other, and everything is interconnected. Once you are aware of that you are no longer caught in the idea that you are a separate entity.

Melvin McLeod: What happens to you when you realize that the true nature of the self is non-self?

Thich Nhat Hanh: It brings you insight. You know that your happiness and suffering depend on the happiness and suffering of others. That insight helps you not to do wrong things that will bring suffering to yourself and to other people. If you try to help your father to suffer less, you have a chance to suffer less. If you are able to help your son suffer less, then you, as a father, will suffer less. Thanks to the realization that there is no separate self, you realize that happiness and suffering are not individual matters. You see the nature of interconnectedness and you know that to protect yourself you have to protect the human beings around you.

That is the goal of the practice—to realize non-self and interconnectedness. This is not just an idea or something you understand intellectually. You have to apply it to your daily life. Therefore you need concentration to maintain this insight of non-self so it can guide you in every moment. Nowadays, scientists are able to see the nature of non-self in the brain, in the body, in everything. But what they have found doesn’t help them, because they cannot apply that insight to their daily lives. So they continue to suffer. That is why in Buddhism we speak of concentration. If you have the insight of non-self, if you have the insight of impermanence, you should make that insight into a concentration that you keep alive throughout the day. Then what you say, what you think, and what you do will then be in the light of that wisdom and you will avoid making mistakes and creating suffering.

Melvin McLeod: So the practice of mindfulness is to try to maintain the insight of non-self and interconnectedness at all times.

Thich Nhat Hanh: Yes, exactly.

Melvin McLeod: We human beings say that above all else we want love. We want to give love; we want to be loved. We know that love is the medicine that cures all ills. But how do we find love in our heart, because often we can’t?

Thich Nhat Hanh: Love is the capacity to take care, to protect, to nourish. If you are not capable of generating that kind of energy toward yourself—if you are not capable of taking care of yourself, of nourishing yourself, of protecting yourself—it is very difficult to take care of another person. In the Buddhist teaching, it’s clear that to love oneself is the foundation of the love of other people. Love is a practice. Love is truly a practice.

Melvin McLeod: Why don’t we love ourselves?

Thich Nhat Hanh: We may have a habit within ourselves of looking for happiness elsewhere than in the here and the now. We may lack the capacity to realize that happiness is possible in the here and now, that we already have enough conditions to be happy right now. The habit energy is to believe that happiness is not possible now, and that we have to run to the future in order to get some more conditions for happiness. That prevents us from being established in the present moment, from getting in touch with the wonders of life that are available in the here and now. That is why happiness is not possible.

To go home to the present moment, to take care of oneself, to get in touch with the wonders of life that are really available—that is already love. Love is to be kind to yourself, to be compassionate to yourself, to generate images of joy, and to look at everyone with eyes of equanimity and nondiscrimination.

That is something to be cultivated. Non-self can be achieved. It can be touched slowly. The truth can be cultivated. When you discover something, in the beginning you discover only part of it. If you continue, you have a chance to discover more. And finally you discover the whole thing. When you love, if your love is true, you begin to see that the other person is a part of you and you are a part of her or him. In that realization there is already non-self. If you think that your happiness is different from their happiness, you have not seen anything of non-self, and happiness cannot be obtained.

So as you progress on the path of insight into non-self, the happiness brought to you by love will increase. When people love each other, the distinction, the limits, the frontier between them begins to dissolve, and they become one with the person they love. There’s no longer any jealousy or anger, because if they are angry at the other person, they are angry at themselves. That is why non-self is not a theory, a doctrine, or an ideology, but a realization that can bring about a lot of happiness.

Article goes on here : http://www.shambhalasun.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=2882&Itemid=0

Love Always
    mudra

Last edited by mudra on Thu Jul 21, 2011 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Oct 21, 2017 11:29 pm